Middle School After School Program Leader
- Job Category: Child Care
- Education: High School Graduate
- FT/PT: Part-Time
- Company: El Dorado YMCA
GENERAL FUNCTION: To assist the Site Coordinator in supervision and management of all program activities both on and off campus to provide a safe, supervised, and engaging experience to all M.S.A.S. program participants.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum age 18
High school diploma or GED
Previous experience working with middle school aged youth preferred
Maintain current CPR and First Aid or acquire within 60 days of hire
Must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of hire
Must be able to regularly stand; walk; kneel and stoop
Must be able to occasionally sit, lift and/or move 50 pounds
Must possess comprehensive knowledge of audience (middle school youth) and needs
Maintain a positive attitude and make the program an encouraging experience for all
Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times
Uphold the YMCA mission, vision and values
Ability to communicate effectively: both oral and written
Ability to handle all questions and concerns and resolve conflicts in a courteous and professional manner
Ability to demonstrate a high level of maturity, patience, dependability, sound judgment and the desire to work with all ages, especially youth
Ability to effectively supervise, lead and encourage program participants; instructing all sizes of audiences from one-on-one to large group settings
Ability to work independently as well as a TEAM member to fulfill the mission of the Middle School After School program
1. Greet and become familiar with youth by name. Build effective, authentic relationships with children, parents, volunteers and staff.
2. Communicate on a daily basis with Site Coordinator regarding programming and expectations.
3. Assist with the recruitment, planning, supervision and management of students and daily activities.
4. Interact, supervise and lead program participants in accordance with YMCA guidelines at ALL times in ALL areas of the building and activities.
5. Supervise youth while riding the bus during transport; enforce bus rules.
6. Begin and end program on time; remain after program to answer participant or parent questions as needed.
7. Convey information on outreach programs and schedules and as appropriate.
8. Administer student and parent surveys.
9. Complete daily cleaning duties and additional as deemed necessary.
10. Set up and clean-up program area. Report any facility or equipment irregularities, unsafe conditions or feedback to supervisor in writing.
11. Responsible for the safety and well-being of participants. Report disciplinary problems to the Site Coordinator.
12. Follow and enforce all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including illness, emergency, and safety procedures.
13. Be knowledgeable and prepared to implement emergency procedures.
14. Report all incidents/accidents on the appropriate form as required and provide to supervisor within 24 hours.
15. Submit completed records on time (i.e. daily attendance, surveys, etc.).
16. Attend all required training sessions and scheduled meetings.
17. Maintain prompt hours and follow established procedures for absences.
18. Support Annual Campaign fundraising.
19. All other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: Compliance with Middle School After School Program Leader job responsibilities will insure a safe, supervised and quality program driven by needs and input from participants. Growth in program participation is expected.