- Job Category: Social Services
- Salary: commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Butler Homeless Initiative
The Butler Homeless Initiative is seeking an Executive Director. Job Description is as following:
* Responsible for signing all notes, grants, applications, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into n behalf of BHI.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining the necessary data bases for generating correct and timely reports as directed by agencies funding BHI.
* A bachelor's degree (or combination of work experience and education may be taken into consideration)
* Nonprofit management experience
* Experienced budget management skills, including budget development, analysis, decision-making and reporting, and payroll (including use of Quickbooks)
* Strong organizational abilities including long range planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
* Ability to convey BHI's mission and vision to staff, BoD, volunteers, donors and community based groups, including funding agencies
* Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector, and preferably experience in planning and developing major fundraising events
* Skills to collaborate with BoD
* Strong written and oral communications skills, and public speaking skills
* Ability to engage diverse groups
* Demonstrated ability to recruit and supervise staff
Actual Job Responsibilities:
* Plan for, and implement, the annual budget.
* Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and operations of BHI. Maintain complete, accurate and accessible records, written or electronic, for all BHI operations and equipment.
* Serve as BHI's primary spokesperson to constituents, the media and the general public.
* Establish and maintain relatoinships with various organizations throughout the state, utilizing those relationships to strategically enhance BHI's Mission. Maintain effective working relationships with all funding agencies and program officers.
* Report to and work closely with BoD on policy decisions, fundraising and enhancing the visibility of BHI throughout Butler County.
* Supervise and collaborate with staff.
* Strategic planning and implementation.
* In collaboration with BoD president, arrange and provide information for BOD and committee meetings.
* Oversee marketing and other communications efforts, including Facebook and BHI webpage.
* Review and approve contracts and agreements for services.
* Other duties as assigned by the BoD.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send detailed resume, names and contact information for three references and a cover letter, as word attachments to: MELODY GAULT firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail Your Resume